Welcome Readers...into my Dreams and Imagination.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Watcher's Guild: Sweet Nephilim Ch. 19 Pt. 2

Hey all,

Well, it seems that Eran has been keeping some secrets, huh?  I wonder exactly what the truth is.  It sounds like Amaris isn't going to let him get away with it any longer.  So let's see what he has to say...
Enjoy!!!!



The Watcher's Guild: Sweet Nephilim


~~~~***~~~~ 

Staring down into Amaris’ mutinous face, Eran wished Hayyel had kept his big mouth shut.  He’d not wanted her to know about the prophecy or what it may mean.  The pressure on his little angel was great enough without adding that to the mix.  And since the angelic scholars couldn’t explain what the long awaited prophecy meant, he’d decided to ignore the whole thing until they did have the answers he sought.  But it looked like that choice was one he could no longer make.
“Little angel,” he began.  “I don’t—”
“Don’t put me off, Eran,” Amaris interrupted, her blue eyes gleaming with indignation.  “I may be a new Nephilim, but I’m a woman full grown.”
“That’s for sure,” Hayyel murmured admiringly.
She lifted a perfect brow at him before turning back to where Eran stood, still unsure as to how to answer her.  Crossing her arms over her breasts, she tapped her foot impatiently.  “Well?”
It was such a feminine move, he had to grin.  When her eyes narrowed, he held up his hands in surrender.  “I am sorry, little angel.  I know it isn’t funny.  Ask your questions, and I will try to answer.”
“What prophecy is he talking about?”
Right to the point.  Eran sent an irritated look at the other two men, who shrugged sympathetically.  Hayyel mouthed a quick, I’m sorry, but there was a gleam of amusement in his sky-blue eyes.
“There is a prophecy,” Eran said slowly, feeling as if the words were dragged out of him.  “It was given many, many centuries ago, just after the first Nephilim appeared on the earth.”
Amaris’ eyes widened.  “That long ago?”
He nodded.  “Yes.  It speaks of a time to come when a very special Nephilim will be born.”
“A…female one?”
“Yes, little angel.  And while there were females born millennia ago, they were not who the prophecy spoke of.  While they were warriors of tremendous faith and loyalty, they were mortal.  It is agreed by all that the Nephilim in the prophecy will be immortal.”
“And you think…”  She looked at the other angels surrounding her.  “You think I may be this female Nephilim?  Why?”
“Because you are the first,” he said simply.  “The first in over a millennium to be born.  We’d all but given up on the prophecy.  It had fallen into forgetfulness, neglected by even the most learned of men.”
“And then you emerged,” Orifiel’s voice rang out in the quiet of the glade.  “A female.”
“Yes.”  Reaching out, Eran took Amaris’ hands, gently rubbing them when he found them cold as ice.  “A female.  But not just any female.  Your emergence was the strongest one I’d ever seen.  You are slowly becoming the most powerful Nephilim I’ve ever trained.  Everything in me wonders if you could be whom our Lord promised us.”
“But I’m nobody special,” Amaris whispered.  “How can I be the answer to anyone’s prophecy?  I’m just me.”
Eran groaned, wishing they were home in his aerie so he could pull her into his arms and comfort her.  The pain and confusion in her eyes made him want to curse the very prophecy they’d been speaking of.  “You are much more than you think you are, Amaris.  A wonder.”  Giving up, he cradled her chin in his hands, uncaring as to how it may look to the other warriors.  “You have heart and strength and passion.  You never give up, no matter what difficulty I throw at you.  Your skills are growing exponentially, much faster than any other Nephilim I’ve trained.  There is something inside of you, little angel, that tells me you are special.  To me and perhaps to Heaven itself.  It could very well be that you are the answer to the prophecy.  I don’t know how.  I don’t know when.  But I do know this.”  Forgetting himself completely, he bent and kissed her gently.
“If you are the prophesied Nephilim, Jehovah has already provided everything you need to make that prophecy come true.  So don’t worry.  God will provide.”
Tears filled Amaris’ eyes at his words.  “But what if I mess everything up? What if I make too many mistakes, and he gives up on me?”
Eran muttered a heartfelt curse.  “This is why I didn’t tell you.  I was afraid you would take it too much to heart.  Do not shoulder this burden, love.  It will do you no good.  If you are the Nephilim we’ve waited for, everything that is destined to happen will happen.  You will see it through.”
She frowned at that.  “But what about free will?  You told me once it was the cornerstone of all God’s teachings.  How can anything be destined?”
Swallowing a heavy sigh, Eran shook his head.  Who knew his little angel was such a philosopher.  “Free will is the most important aspect of our Lord’s promises.  What you are…what you will be is your choice. Yet God knows you already, remember?  He knows how it all will end.  What you will do, by your own free choice.
“And if I am the female in your prophecy?
He cupped her cheek in his big hand.  “Then be secure in the knowledge that he knows all the trials and tribulations you will go through to make that promise come true, whatever it may be.  And he will be with you every step of the way.”
“You and me and God, huh?”  He relaxed a little to hear the thread of humor in her voice.
“I may help, but know this.  You will be the one to do it, Amaris.  Because he has said you would.  Only you can make the prophecy come true.”


~~~~***~~~~



Eran is just the type of lover every woman should have.  He always seems to know just what to say to make Amaris feel better.  Let's just hope he knows exactly what he's talking about.

Until next Sunday...


Hugs,
CJ England











Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/luckbealady/luckbealady.htm

2 comments:

Phylis said...

Had a smile on my face when I finished reading! Thanks for sharing this story CJ!

CJ England said...

You're welcome, Phylis! Glad you enjoyed it.