Welcome Readers...into my Dreams and Imagination.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Watcher's Guild: Sweet Nephilim Ch. 18 Pt. 1

Hey all,

I just got back from a great weekend on the Chilean coast.  Beautiful scenery, birds and other critters, and some really delicious seafood.  A tiny town with a big heart, Pichidangui is a wonderful place to visit.  You can read more about it on my blog.  HERE

I was able to sit outside, watch the surf and get some reading done.  Discovered a new author I'm in love with, and I'll be sharing that on my blog next week.  

Until then, check out this weeks installment of my ongoing FREE READ.  And enjoy!!!


The Watcher's Guild: Sweet Nephilim


~~~~***~~~~ 

Chapter Eighteen
Friends in Hidden Places

“When are we going to get there?”
Eran rolled his eyes and gave a laughing snort.  His strong wings pumped as they flew through the cloud-dotted sky.  They’d been flying for a little over an hour, and he was pleased Amaris was showing no sign of tiring.  Or if she was tired, you couldn’t prove it by all the questions she was asking.  “That is the fourth time you’ve asked me that, little angel.  The answer remains the same.”
She flew closer.  “But it doesn’t tell me anything.  Nothing at all.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.”  Pushing out her lower lip in a cute pout, she sighed.  “Because soon is not a real answer.  And you won’t tell me where we’re going either.”
Grinning, Eran shook his head.  “No, it is still a surprise.”  He narrowed his eyes and gazed at her thoughtfully.  “You know, I’ll bet you peeked at all your Christmas gifts, didn’t you?  No matter where they were hidden?  You searched closets and under the beds, correct?  Too curious to wait for Christmas morning?”
He knew he was right when Amaris’ cheeks reddened.  “Aha.  I knew it.”
 Crossing her arms across her pretty chest, his lover’s pout grew bigger.  “Not fair.  A kid almost has to peek at Christmas.  It’s a rule.”
A hearty chuckle escaped him.  “A rule?”
Amaris giggled.  “It is in the Dover household.”  Her eyes grew sad.  “I wonder how they’re doing.  I miss them, Eran.”
Guilt smote him as it did whenever she mentioned her old life.  Reaching out, he took her hand. “I know, little angel.  And I’m sorry.  Sorry it must be this way.  I wish it could be different.”
“Next month is my dad’s birthday.  Can I at least send him a card?”
In the past, Eran would have answered immediately with a resounding “NO!”.  Once a Nephilim broke away from their old life, they couldn’t go back.  Weren’t allowed to ever make contact again.  But being with Amaris had changed him…changed how he looked at that painful and now he thought, unnecessary demand.  He couldn’t do it to her.  He just couldn’t refuse such a small request.  So he nodded his head.
“A card, yes.  But you still cannot see them.  You do understand that?”
“I understand.”  Amaris’ face lit up with a smile.  “A card.  That’s all I wanted.  To be able to tell him I’m thinking of him.”
“Then I see—” even as he said it, Eran knew he was changing millennia of precedence “—no problem in sending a simple card.”
“Thank you.”
Lifting her hand to his lips, he kissed her fingers.  “You are welcome.”
“But are we there yet?”
Eran stared at Amaris’ dancing eyes then let out a shout of laughter again.  “Little angel, you are asking for a spanking.”
Her grin grew wider.  “Promise?”
His whole body tightened at her sultry question.  “Behave,” he managed, knowing that for the next few hours any lovemaking would have to be put on hold.  “Where we are going there will be no time for such things.”
“Then I’m going back to the aerie.”
He laughed again.  “No, you’re not.  You are coming with me to meet someone.  Two someones, in fact.  How about that for a hint?”
She gazed at him in wonder.  “Really?  Who are they?  Are they people?  Angels?”  Her eyes went huge in her face.  “Oh no.  Tell me the truth, Eran.  I’m…I’m not gonna meet God yet, am I?”
“Well…” Keeping his face serious with an effort, he squeezed her hand.  “Would that frighten you?”
Amaris’ face paled, and she swallowed hard.  “Ummm…yes.”
“Then no.  We are not meeting our Lord.  Not yet at least.”
“Eran!”  She glared at him.  “Don’t do that.  You scared me to death.”
He couldn’t help another chuckle.  “But it is so much fun.  You have such a vivid imagination.”
“Oh!”  Snatching her hand away, she flew a few yards away from him, but he could see she was fighting her own amusement.  “That was just mean.  You know I’m worried about meeting the Boss.”
“There is no need to be worried, little angel.”  At least he hoped there wasn’t.  “And his name is God or Jehovah.  Not The Boss.”
“Do you think he’ll care?  It’s not said to be mocking. Doesn’t he know my heart?”
“Yes,” Eran admitted, realizing he was worrying about nothing. Again his little angel reminded him of a truth some religions chose to forget.  It was what in the heart that mattered to the Lord, not all the trappings, labels and customs.  Those were for humanity, not for God.  “You are right.”
“I may be right about that, but am I right about this being a wild goose chase?”  She glanced at the unending tops of trees below them.  “I don’t think we’re going anywhere.  Maybe we’re just flying to be flying.  So maybe I should just go home.”
“Really?”  Glancing down, Eran saw they’d finally reached their destination.  “And after all I’ve done to find you other sparring partners?”

~~~~***~~~~

Sparring partners?  Hmmm...  Are we going to see Amaris kick some demon ass or someone else entirely?  See what happens now in next Sunday's installment.  And have a great week until we meet again!


Hugs,
CJ England











Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/luckbealady/luckbealady.htm

1 comment:

Phylis said...

Thanks for my smile for the day CJ! Love the interaction between these two!